Monday, September 12, 2005

AHM -- 12Km Run

Got up pretty early for my breakfast this morning. It's going to be another new chapter of my life which I'm going to set another new record for myself. I'm participating in the AHM-12Km run. As far as I can remember, I had never run more than 8km in my 22++ years of my life. What make me want to take part in this run then? First, there are 2 females frenz joining --XJ & GQ. Hence through some persuasion from Eg and my 'stupid' ego creating problem....there am I waking up early in the run to get ready for run instead of staying in my comfortable and wonderful BED. How I miss my bed and my sleep!! And the best part is GQ had fall sick hence not taking part in the run anymore.

7-7.15 am
Reach city hall mrt and met up with up XJ and CK. We put our bags in CK's car parked at raffles hotel and was told that we had only 1.5 hrs to complete the run or we would be disqualified. And XJ had decided to run with her fren-WL. All of a sudden, my motivation are all gone and I'm thinking of going McDonald for breakfast instead. But wait long long lah, as if CK would let me do that. The weather was quite dark and seem like it's going to rain. Just like my feelings!! Ai Wat to do but to go ahead loh.

8-8.15 am
The race started at 8am and the first 1 km was simply taking a short stroll and doing some slow jog. I was feeling that the 1km seem to be 'no kick' ah!! The next 1 km towards the 2km was also another relaxing jog. Still quite fresh at this time.

8.15-8.30am
Somehow the distance seem to get longer and longer. Is it because of our stamina or is it because the distance is really longer? I dun know but I know that I'm having some stitch by this time. What to do ah!! Still have 9km ahead of me. Jia You, Joel!! U can do it. Yeh man!!

8.30-9am
There is not much talking between cK and me at this point of time as we're trying our best to focus on the run at this point of time. The distance is getting longer and longer by this time and we're not really sure whether we can complete the race or not. Really feel like cutting across to the 6km turning point instead of running for 12 km.

9-9.30 am
The tedious part is this portion as our body is very tired at this point of time. We felt like walking but I know that it I started walking, there is no way I can start to run again. Struggled like I have no tomolo to run!! Seemed like a never-ending route to me at this point of time.

9.30-9.40 am
I had reached the last 1-2 km at this point of time yet even so, it is still a struggle even to complete the last two Km. Finally arrived at the finishing point at 9.40am. Felt a new sense of achievement. It's not how fast we complete the race but the important thing is whether are we able to make it to the end instead!! The good thing is we made it...XJ & WL arrived ard 15-20min later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shall We Dance

S & W came to my house to watch 'Shall we Dance'. The movie was pretty good and make me all the more to want to learn ballroom dancing-slow waltz. I had decided to learn Slow Waltz with S and perhap HC as well. The dance seemed so elegant and graceful which make S & me very eager to pick up this dance. I shall start searching for a suitable studio tomolo onwards. It's time to go to sleep. Good night!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home