Friday, November 02, 2007

Miracles Does Exist

Finally, it's all over!! Hurray, the end of ICT for now. Went back to camp early in the morning hoping that I will be able to clear my IPPT. Had a short chat with Suzie the night before to get some encouragement hoping that the power of the skirt might be able to help me through this test. Since Year 2002, it's been my practice to call a gal before my IPPT to get more motivation and energise myself. Haha!! Till now, it had not yet fail me before.
Going into the camp this morning with a heavy heart as my body had not yet fully recovered from the recent exercise yet. Total of 5 stations to clear in order to get a pass. Started with the shuttle run station and get a timing of 10.6 sec. Not really a excellent results but still managed to get through with a breeze. Second station was the chin-up where I barely managed to get it done. By now, more than half the section had already fell out as they do not wish to waste their time anymore. 3rd station was standing board jump where I passed it as well. Now I had accumulate 8 points at this point of time and I thought I need just 12 points to secure a pass with incentives. However, checking with the tester and realized that I need a total of 15 points in order to get any incentives. No choice except to hope that I will manage to get 7 points for the remaining 2 stations.
Proceeded to the sit-up station where our sections are left with only 4 people. Not sure if it was due to stress or miracle, I managed to do 38 sit-ups and even had 3-4 seconds left where I decided to rest as I thought 38 would secure me a 5 points already. Why would I bother to do anything more except the minimal requirement? Never did I expect to find out that I need 39 sit-ups to secure 5 point? Oh My God!! How did I allow this type of situation to happen to me? Just 1 more and also due to the facts that I can do it in the first place. Serves me right for always doing the minimal requirement lah.
What is so important about that 1 point? It simply mean that as I had only 12 points hence I would need to get 3 points for my 2.4km run. If I had do 1 more sit-up, I would only require to get 2 points for the run. The timing is 12 min 40 sec compared to 12 mins right now. Bcoz of 1 sit-up, I would be required to run faster by 40 secs in order to secure my incentive. What a joke it would be if I couldn't run below 12 mins and it would be so so terrible!!
Anyway, no choice except to hope for the best already. This is the first time I'm running the new track in my camp and not really familiar with the route. Continue with the run and by the time I arrived at the 400m check point, I felt as if my legs are giving ways already. Forced myself to run on as I know inside my heart that once I started to walk, I would definitely fail to get any incentive. When I reached the 1.2 km check point, I almost want to give up already. However, I recalled that I'm meeting Suzie and her friend tonight. So how can I bring myself to say that I fail the IPPT despite her encouragement? No way man!!
Brace up all remaining breath that still remain and with the help of God, I finally managed to complete the run with a result of 11 min 38 sec. Pretty impressive for myself as it's a new record for the last 4 years since I left camp. Glad that I managed to pass despite my body condition. More importantly, I can go and tell people that IPPT is a easy task after all. Haha!! Once again, the Power of the Skirt does help after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home