Sunday, July 10, 2005

War Of The World

It's been quite a while since I wrote on my blog. The reason is simply I've been working OT for the past one week and I believed that there is nothing to write about regarding my work life. It is the same every day: " wake up and go to work, wash up and go to sleep". Sound very interesting rite? Haha!!
Today is saturday and I went for cell as usual except that I'd been the only guy present. The rest of the guys are busy with their own things hence I was left there to survive on my own. So sad, haha!!
After cell, I went to catch 'war of the world' with GQ, eg, vincent and jason. The first ten minutes was the most exciting part of the movie as I had to jump from one seat to another. I finally settled down at the third attempt. It's because one seat was separated from the rest and I decided to test the system. Somehow I failed, hence ended up with the shifting and jumping.
Some part of the movie caught my attention and I decided to share with all of my friends here:

1) There is this one guy that allowed Tom Cruise and his daughter to hide in his underground shelther with him. The guy talked about his past occupation and about his goal of defeating the alien. He even make fun of Tom about being a coward or runnning away from the problem. However when the time of crisis appeared, it is Tom which kept his cool while this poor guy started to behave like a madman. This situation also appealed to us whether as a person or as a christian. Some people like to talk 'BIG' all the time or maybe show how holy he is. But are we able to withstand the pressure/stress when the time of trouble appeared? Therefore never judge a book by its cover. Problems and troubles that don't kill you will only make you stronger; or simply to mould/share you into a better person.
2) Tom Cruise killed the person that took him in for the sake of saving his daughter's life. As a father, he might have did the correct thing as he has his daughter's concern at heart. However, whether in the concept of moral or cultural, he had done wrong. Killing is a wrong thing. Morever, the person took them in at the time they needed help most. He had repay evil for kindness. What would I do in times like this? It seemed like one of the question that someone posted out this afternoon. Are we right to simply follow all the laws of the God? Are trials to test us or should we preserve in our faith in times of trouble?
3) The strong and powerful aliens are destroyed by germs and bacteria. It's kind of funny to think that the creature that can easily destroyed an army were wiped out by bacteria. But look at it from a different point of view, life is always fair. Others may have their strong points which we lack or want. Nevertherless, we should focus on our own unique and individual talents/gifts. Others may have the flair for dancing which I lack, but I may other talent that other do not have as well. Therefore, let us just rejoice in the ways we are created and not moan or complain about our lives are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home