Sunday, June 19, 2005

Last PDL Lesson

Today is the last lesson of PDL for our cell group. I was very busy today as I had to prepare the food and collect payment from people as well. At the same time, it seemed that a lot of people are down with sickness like me which includes Bel, Eg, Meryl, Sharon, CK...etc. We better pray hard that we all recovered soooN.
We kicked off the PDL with food as usual. People just don't know how to appreciate the things given to them especially when it fell below their expectations. For example, they commented that we should have vegetables or other food as well. Maybe Qing had set too high a standard. Haha!! Nevertherless, not a single piece of food was left behind. What a fish! Complained so much but still finished up all the food. Just like typical Singaporean...haha.
One lesson I learnt from this incident was that the food we prepare somehow reflect on our personality as well. The food I prepared was more fulfilling and simple and economical; Qing's food was more of "Mother's Love" which requires more time and patience and skill while for Egwin, his food is more healthy or western such as chinese tea or bread with cheese etc. All this somehow reflect on the ways we handled things in our lives and the ways we live our lives. Soound very profound, rite?
The PDL lesson somehow ended with us discussing how we first got to know about this cell. It seemed ages when we first get to know one other and each of us had a different story to tell. Let me just briefly shared about my experience. I was first introduced into this cell around 7 years ago. My first mentality was that I can get to know more girls so why not? This caused me to left after half a year later when I got together with my ex-girlfriend. So paiseh!! Somehow I came back again last year and one thing have changed since my previous time in church. I believed in the change in my mindset and my mentality. Women suddenly seemed to lose it priority in my heart and other things are now more important such as work or family etc.
Maybe man will really mature with the passing of time and when we think back of the past, there are just so many things which we couldn't believe we did it. One thought to ponder about is that on the day we depart this earth, what do we hope to achieve and not to regret about? Let's just take the next couple of minutes for every one of us to think about. What is our purpose in life? what do we hope to achieve? Am I doing what I like? Or most importantly, is our lives meaningful at all or not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home