Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Looking Back At Year 2005

As 2005 is approaching to its end, it's time for me to do some reflections which I should do but have not done it for a very long time. When I looked back at the past entries of blogs that I had written for the past one year, it was filled with ups and downs.
Never did I expect myself to take up dancing(eg. Lindy & Slow Waltz), guitar, running for half-marathon (though it's only 12 & 10km only)..........Indeed Year 2005 had been an enriching and exciting year for me plus I got to know many new friends such as GQ, YY, C, R, J, S, J, KJ, HC,F...........etc. Every encounter/experiences regardless good or bad are mainly to mould me into what I have become today. (Handsome, charming, humour, clever plus too many good points that I can't name all of them) Yeah, yeah!! Stop it, Joel!! I can almost hear Sharon shouting onto my face oredi. Haha!!
While I enjoyed myself alot this year, deep inside I knew that it's time once again to plan ahead for my future. If I continued to dwell in pleasure and enjoyment, sooner or later will I realize that my time in this world is up and without leaving any traces for people to remember. One thing I realized yesterday is that as my age get older, my dream start to get smaller. Am I starting to get conform by the surrounding around me or is the reality setting into me. Regardless of the reason, Year 2006 would be a new start for me to start once again to pursue my own dream. As many people had said before (I can't recall their names): " Don't waste time trying to think about the past as it had already happened and you can't change it, the only thing we have control is the little time we have now and to make full use of it".
I totally agree with the above sentence as though many of us including me know that life is short and we do not have much time, yet we continue to waste our lives away by not doing more meaningful things that will make a difference to this world. Let us continue to do our very best in everything we do!!

1 Comments:

Blogger laur said...

joel, you must also work on your wives and concubines plan..oops or is it just WIFE. haha! Happy NY to you, you have brought much JOY into my life just by being you hor :)

laur

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home