Friday, December 16, 2005

The Way Things Appear

14/12- Wed

Met up wif Faye & Hui Cheng to do some shopping at Orchard after work. It's the first time the no.3 wife is meeting concubine HC, and luckily no 'fierce' fight occurred. Realized that I'm a total stranger at Orchard cos I can't even locate Takashimaya. Couldn't believe it, rite!! I was supposed to do some christmas shopping for myself but ended up accompanying the girls to buy their stuffs. That's what happen when guy goes out with girls.......no choice!! Went past some jewellery shop and saw that one diamond actually cost $48,000. I would use that amount of money to buy a car instead. Also realized that bags in LV cost a bomb too. Dun understand why people are willing to spend so much money on bags etc.

15/12- Thur

Work nowadays seem to be piling up everyday. Am I too slow/lazy or simply too much work to be complete? Had planned to meet up with friends to invite them to come for christmas celebration but can't seem to afford the time at all. What to do? However, God is good..all the time. He always work in ways I never expected. While walking along the underpass at Bedok, I suddenly thought of Sharon Ong who I had not seen for a long period of time. Before I knew it, there she is suddenly appeared in front of me. We chit-chat for a short while before I invited her to come for the celebration. She had promised to come if nothing crop up that day. What a miracle!!
And as I continued my walk at the pathway near the hawker center, Gion (ex-platoon spec) walked past me too. I managed to catch him before he had the chance to dissappear and invite him too. He too nodded his head to come. Once again, I had witnessed the power of the God. Even though I'm lazy to get people to come, He always provide people to come to me themselves even though I may not be prepared for it.
Though today incident, I felt that it's indeed a great encouragement to me. Though the future may seem distant and nowhere, we need not fear of the unknown ahead for we had God as our direction. He will work in ways we least expected and let us continue to draw other people & ourselves nearer to Him each day. Lastly, God is good and so am I (correct or not?)...haha!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home