Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Standard Chartered Run

Last sunday-04 Dec was the day for my 10km run organised by Standard Chartered. Woke up 5am in the morning to wash up. Realized that my left eye couldn't really open as it seem to be red and sore. What a great way to start my day!! Probably due to the lack of sleep as we went to play pool the day before. At ard 5.50am, my stomach started to play some tricks on me. My spirits was in one of my lowest form especially before the 10km run.
CK came to fetch me up along with GQ & XJ in the car at ard 6.05am. Before the run, I arranged to meet up J so that we can run together. But as we all know, life never go the way we plan. It was 10min before the start of the race, I ran over to the meeting place to look for J. However, no one was in sight. I ran back to the starting point to look for the rest, but no one could be found either. Now at this point of time, I had no time to do my stretching oredi. As the time ticked itself away, I was left alone to make one of the most important decision of my day-- 1) To continue the run alone, 2) To enjoy my McDonald Breakfast instead. This is one of the toughest decision that I had to made as it concern the next 2 hours of my life. What is the reason/purpose behind my participation of the run? Where does my source of motivation come from? Finally, I decided to continue on with the run as I thought it would be a good time to do some self-reflection on my life along the way especially when I'm running alone. This resulted in my next discovery of the 'TRUTH'.
I overtook GQ & XJ along the 1.5km point, but I could not locate CK & J. By the time I reach 5 km, my mind was already not functioning well enough for me to do any reflection/thinking. Therefore, I concluded that those shows/movies are mainly deceiving people when the leads are shown to be enlightened. Or perhap it is only me that my mind cant multi-task at any one time.
One thing I'm glad is that though my day had not started well (sore eyes & diarrhoea), plus there was no companions and no time for warming up etc...I managed to complete my run in about 1hr15min. That is also with no preparation or training beforehand. All thanks to God that i managed to survive through another 'ordeal' of my live. Praise to the God!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home