Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bosiet Training

Home Sweet Home once again!!! After 3 days in JB, I'm finally back in the comfort of my house once more. It was a eye-opener and at the same time, a good learning experience for me as well.
Going alone and staying alone in the hotel was all my first time and it did took me quite a while to get used to it.
The training course was designed for people mostly working off-shore and having to deal with a lot of survival techniques which involves a lot of water activities. Fish!! How I hate it since I'm a non-swimer myself. Luckily, God sent me a group of people to assist me along the way and they all came from different countries, races, work.....etc.
Before I came back to S'pore today, my last exercise was to do the helicopter drill at a 3m deep swimming pool. And to make things more exciting, MSTS had just implement the new system which involves doing the escape underwater not the old 3 times but 6 times now. How lucky can I get!!!
The first try ended in failure due mainly to the stress and pressure from the water and most importantly, the MIND. Fear can make people crumble and also, unable to perform the usual thing that are supposed to be done. Thank God, I finally managed to complete the exercise successfully at the 2nd tries.
Now, I think I should go and have some rest to recuperate from the tiredness accumulated from the past 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home