Saturday, March 04, 2006

Whispering Sound

Tonight was spent travelling from places to places eating non-stop. First met up wif ck,james,henry & cs to have our dinner at the food junction at Raffles city. Proceed to Ya Kun for some coffee and breads while waiting for eg. Went to Burger King for Eg's dinner, followed by a glass of red wine at chijmes. Is that the end? Of course not, conclude my day wif some pratas & teh terik at Katong area. Impressive rite?
Had a interesting conservation with L at chijmes earlier and realized about how gracious God had been to me all this while. My prayers for taxi had been very effective all this while. Not that I want to boast, but surely there must be someone great behind all this happenings. Another thing I realized was how clearly and direct God had been to me all this years.
One thing I always ask of the Lord was for that someone special to appear in my life. But if someone is to really appear right now, would I go all out for it? Would I be able to brace up all my courage and to overcome all the obstacles in front of me? I may not which is often the case. The reason behind it was not whether I am a coward or I'm scared of losing all I have. The main reason is because God had always been by my side all this while and helping me to make the correct decision.
He always stop me whenever the direction is wrong and prevent me from probing further into the mess. His guide for me was always so personal and straight to the point. Though there may be times of disappointment and disouragement, also I might not understand His reason behind it. One thing I'm sure is that His plan is always the best. If His spirit would not go with me, I would not go ahead on my own.
Many a times, we often want to do things our ways which often made us ended up with a worse situation. Just like the Bus 14 incident on wed, I heard a sound telling me to go take the train, yet due to my stubborn nature, I decided to take the Bus instead. The result was that it took me more than 1 hrs to get to my destination. Just like the Israelites who took 40 years to reach the promised land, would we want to make the same mistake as them. Are we so foolish that we're not able to learn from the mistake that our ancestors had committed?
The point I would like to share here is that don't be too anxious about what we want, rather trust in God all our worries & needs and to place Him as the centre of our lives rather than focusing on our wants. The time will come if it's meant to be and don't try to force too hard or the results might be worse. At the same time, we need to check whether we're ready for the things that we want or not whether be it relationship, career etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger laur said...

At the same time, we need to check whether we're ready for the things that we want or not whether be it relationship, career etc

Amen PrinceJ!! Don't snatch what we're not ready for, to cross boundaries we are not ready to... :)

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home