Monday, January 23, 2006

Alpha Launch Once Again

Saturday start with a game of soccer wif my colleagues at TP. It's been ages since I had such feeling where I almost vomit due to over-exercising. I guess age is catching up on me. Haha!!
Met up with CK & E at ard 2 plus in my hse to discuss abt the alpha. The atmosphere was not reali very good as we faced some issues & problems that need to be resolved. To make things worse, we had only one friend coming to join us and she came not bcos she is interested but reali bcos her fren (who is me) "FORCED" her to come n support. Of course, we were abit discouraged and dissappointed.
Nevertherless, God will always provide a way out where there seem to be no way. E suggested going to ktv which ck & I supported (can have some fun too!!). The next three hours was spent at the ktv where everyone of us had our share of fun. M was kind enough to join us and to keep WL company as well. So nice of her rite!!
Proceed for dinner at the coffeeshop nearby where we began our Alpha after everyone had eaten their fills. The atmosphere was fantastic where JY & WL were able to participate fully by asking lots of questions that E was able to explain to them in a such a good way that the question was answered yet not challenging their religion at the same time.
At the end of the session, WL was even so interested to find out more & to come for the next session. Praise the Lord for what He done. Indeed He always work in ways I never expected.
One thing I learned is that we should be flexible in the ways we carried our work and not be bound by my own perception that Alpha can only be carried out in a cosy place or even having lots of info to feed the people. Most important is to let them be interested to find out more by making them feel appreciated and sense of belonging. I'm looking forward to the next session too. Hee!! Back to work once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home