Friday, February 10, 2006

Do I really Love?

Do I love you, Jesus, With an Unconditional Love?
Or do I love You only when You perform to my liking?
Do I love You when you are silent
Or only when You are speaking?
When I hear Your voice of discipline
Do I love You then?
Or only when I am surrounded by Your blessings?
Do I love You when I hurt
Or only when I rejoice?
Do I love You when I’m lonely
Or only when I am surrounded by loved ones?
Do I love You as I struggle
Or only when my way is easy?
Am I loving towards You when I’m ill
Or only when I’m healthy?
Am I lovingly singing Your praises when I fail
Or only when I succeed?
Is my love Yours alone
Or only when I have no one or nothing else to give it to?
Is my love Yours when I feel unlovable
Or only when I feel loved?
Do I love You when I’m angry
Or only when I am grateful?
Do I love You when I don't understand
Or only when things make sense?
Do I love You when I am helpless
Or only when I am in control?
Do I love You with my life
Or only with my thoughts?
Do I give You my heart
Or only my words?
Do I love Your people
Or only my chosen ones?
Do I love Your plans for me
Or only when they coincide with my own?
Do I love You unconditionally
Or do I love You on my terms?

Oh, dear Jesus, clean my heart of all that withholds my deepest passion from You and remove from me anything I hold more dear than You. May my only condition of loving You be that You alone are my life. May I truly say, “For me to live is Christ. To die is gain.”

(Above was come across by me when I was browsing through the internet but I think it relates to most of us out there. Do we really love Jesus?.......close your eyes and think about it for a moment or so......what is the things that we hold most dear to our hearts........juz think about it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home