Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mount Vernon - Episode 2

Arrived in Mount Vernon safely after a frustrating and frightening 1.75hrs of car journey. It's been close to 1 year since I last stepped foot on US. Now once again I'm back in the States for another round of training. Differences is I'm in another department and there's only myself travelling alone this time round.
Travelled on SIA instead of UA which made the journey slightly more comfortable. However, having to travel for more than 24 hrs including transit time dun really seem a pleasant experience especially when I'm alone. The car rented was much more spacious and better than I had expected. However, driving on the left hand is still a challenge and not to mention the differences in traffics and unfamilarity with the roads. If not for the fact that I want to go Factory outlet, I would have prefer to take a cab instead and stay in Mount Vernon Inn.
God had been kind and gracious given the facts that I dashed through 1-2 red lights, nv stop at the stop-sign and turning where I should not, I'm still safe and sound in Holiday Inn Express. The original 1 hr journey became a close to 2 hrs journey even though I got myself a GPS system. Wonder where I'll end up if I had relies on map only. Hmm....the song this week...."I'm lost in wonder..." seem familiar.
Anyway, time to rethink about the committement in my life. Congratulation to the 2 folks and remember that it's only the beginning, not yet the end. All the best and let God be the centre focused point instead of just one another in the eyes. Easy to say, not easy to do!! Need to seriously think about the level of committement liao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home